Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Idea For A New Book

I couldn't get back to sleep after hubby's coughing woke me at 5:30AM. But I'm so glad I couldn't. I got a gem of an idea for a new book. I'm so excited about it, I want to start right away. It will deal with population control, symbiotic relationships, telepathy, epidemic and threat of extinction. It will take place on an alien world with non-Terran humans and giant creatures (I can't tell you what kind yet - you'll have to wait). I have a fantastic world and plot created. Now, I need the characters who will create the story line.

But first, I must finish Under the Suns of Sarshan and revise the two short stories I drafted in September. Or do I? Can I eat dessert first? Writing is way more fun than revision. Maybe just the outline and some character sketches?

Oh, well. This is my kind of busy! It sure beats TPS reports. ;)

I have to sign off and go write my book reviews--which are also not the new book. Arg! Reviews of Red Thunder by John Varley and Armageddon's Children by Terry Brooks coming down the pike at Mostly Fiction.

By the way, I keep sticking my nose back into A Princess of Roumania by Paul Park. It's captivating. And so far it's "Not Another Vampire Story!" Not a vampire in site.

No comments: