Saturday, March 15, 2008

Crawling out of the Snooze...

I'm slowly getting over this virus. Still not up to par, but can at least be vertical a little longer. The short story I intended to write this week didn't happen, but at least the article did. Maybe I'll rewrite my little people story the other way tomorrow. Make it short and funny instead of tense and dramatic. I couldn't make up my mind and had it trying to do both. I picked the wrong way, I think, evidenced by the rejections it's received.

Here's a fun site for you. I can't even remember how I found it. Oh, yeah, I have a Google alert for Douglas Adams fans. I figure if they like funny SF, they might like Awesome Lavratt. There it is. One of my dirty little marketing secrets. Anyhow, this guy writes a story every week for a year and they all have to do with a monkey, monster or spaceman. Douglas Adams search hit on his story "The Man Who Wasn't There" for week 42, of course. His name is D J Sylvis. The site's called Monkey, Monster or Spaceman?

If anyone wants an autographed copy of Awesome Lavratt, remember, you can order it directly from me for the same price. I'll put a link up on the website for orders next week. Meantime, just use the email link on my website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug, and I'm really glad you enjoyed the story! I'm adding a link to your site on my 'blogroll' right away ...