Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Two days to Radcon!

In just two days I'll be heading to Portland where I'll have the opportunity to visit family I seldom see. Then I'll be having a cuppa with my writer friend, and fellow Broad Universe member, Mary, aka M.K. Hobson. I'll also be interviewing her.

I enjoy the ease of doing email interviews and most writers prefer them. However, there is so much more to be gained from a face to face, back and forth interview. I'm testing out my cell phone's voice recorder for sound clarity this evening. If it doesn't prove adequate, I'll borrow or buy a digital recorder. I'm not moving to podcasts just yet, so it just has to be good enough for me to transcribe from.

From Portland, I'm hopping a train to Pasco, WA for Radcon, where I'll be doing tons of interviews for the blog.

Radcon! I can't wait! I have a super sweet schedule. Want to see?

Friday, 8AM-9AM Tour of Hanford human tissue repository (Eeww gross to anyone but a sf or science geek. Excellent field research for one of my works in progress.)
Friday, 2-3PM Panel: Writing Non-human protagonists (with Larry Niven!)
Friday, 5-6PM Panel: Short Story Markets
Friday, 7PM Opening Ceremonies
Friday, 9-10PM Writers vs. Artists Pictionary
Oh boy! Guess I better get my skates on Saturday morning!

Saturday, 11AM-1PM Signing copies of Awesome Lavratt at the Author Signing Lunch
Saturday, 1-2PM Panel: Characters
Saturday, 2-3PM Broad Universe Rapidfire Reading
Saturday, 3-4PM Panel: Compartmentalized Characters
Saturday, 9-11PM John Pitts' Birthday Party
Saturday, 11PM-12AM Tending bar at the Radcon to Reno room party (Renovations 2011)

Sunday, 1PM Panel: Is it SF, Fantasy or Horror?

Sunday, 2PM Late lunch with my pals and fly back to my Valentine.

Here's something for the astronomy geeks out there - an image of two galaxies colliding to form a binary quasar complete with story over on Universe Today.

I just added procrastinatable to the Urban Dictionary. One of these days, when I have more time I'll have to go play for a while there.

I finished Terry Pratchett's Unseen Academicals. He's still got it! Review to follow soon at Mostly Fiction.

Next up for an interview is Deborah J. Ross. Look for that on Friday.



vote it up!

No comments: