Thursday, November 15, 2007

Immunity Project and Spook Country Review

My story, "Immunity Project" is up at Wayfarer's Journal. It says "Immunity" on the home page and is not listed on the stories page, but at least it's in a readable font size now (long story).

A far-future space-faring civilization experiments on the unsuspecting survivors of the wartorn planet of Kradon. Will Donard let the Krads know they're being kept in an intentionally radiated zone? Will it help them, in the end?

Let me know what you think. And if you'd like to see it "go long".

My review of Spook Country by William Gibson went up this week as well. Find it at MostlyFiction.com.

I'm working on my "Favorite Reads of 2007" list for Mostly Fiction. I was ashamed of how few books I have managed to read this year. Toward that end, I'm trying to cram a bunch in before the end of the year. It's funner than rewrites. A guilty pleasure. I'm reading my first Terry Brooks. I don't read a lot of fantasy but I'm enjoying Armageddon's Children so far. I just finished Red Thunder by John Varley. I read the one that follows it, Red Lightning first, last year. Red Thunder will be on my fave list. My TBR (To Be Read) shelf--or shelves rather--are overflowing.

And in my spare time, I have to learn all about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) so that I'm not writing to myself here. (@@)

No comments: